The following October 13th at 8:30h CEST, Madrid´s city town hall will be collaborating in the organization of the Innovate4Cities Conference, promote by UN-Habitat and the Global Covenant of Mayors for Climate & Energy.
The Round Table will be debating about how urban renaturalization is an opportunity for coexistence and social inclusion and for multi-actor and multi-sector collaboration.
Answers will be given to questions such as:
– Could urban renaturalization strategies be shifting from an individual to a collective behavioural approach?
– Could these strategies be urban planning experiments based on multi-actor and multi-sector collaborations?
– How can it be combined the expert and institutional notion of “green infrastructures” with the emerging “counter-narratives” coming from mass social movements?Program and Speakers:
8:30h – 10:00h CEST: Round table
- Santiago Saura, Councilor for International affairs, Madrid City Council.
- Valentín Alfaya, President of the Spanish Green Growth Group of business.
- Elena Pita, Director if the Biodiversity Foundation of the Ministry for Ecological Transition and Demographic Challenge of Spain.
- Laia Pinos, European Green Deal Unit, Secretary General of the European Commission representative.
- Moderator: Julia López Ventura, European Regional Director at C40 Cities Climate Leadership Group